Love Maui too! Cheap transportation here also as I can get a day pass for the bus for $2.00 a day and you can see most of the island. I brought my daughters here about 8 years ago and stayed at the same place, Banana Bungalow Hostel after my ex and I spilt up. Funny thing is I saw a guy checking in the same time as I did. He was moving here from Florida and with the same story that I had a few years ago. He split with his girl and now wants to move here to start a new life. Anyways this was his first night ever in a hostel as he was always a five star kind of guy. Not anymore, he now loves this hostel life where you meet so many people from all over the world in the common area or in the kitchen while making dinner. His name is Leonardo and he had a rent a car and he wanted to go to see Hana, so I invited myself to go with him. That’s the way it is in hostels or if you know me I’m not afraid to ask anyone anything. We had a great time and it was as if we had known each other for years, great laughs too. It goes to show that we are all the same in this world.
I want to write about hostels. Most people that have never stayed at one seem to knock them down and they have know idea what they are missing. The deals you get for a place to stay plus at this hostel we even get free tours everyday. You can even get your own private room at a lower cost than at a hotel and get a chance to meet so many people from around the world. I think about 80% of us travel alone and the other 20% are friends, families or couples travelling together. I think everyone on this Island knows about this hostel (Banana Bungalow) because anywhere on the Island I went I would tell the locals that I am staying here and they would smile. I finally asked a guy why does everyone smile when I say I'm staying there and he said well because of all the hot girls that stay there. I told him that most of them are way to young for me (o.k. there are a few older girls my age 40 lol. too). Have I mentioned yet that there are also mixed rooms so they try and put two guys and two girls in each room. Hana is a very beautiful place and I went around the whole island in about nine hours. I am headed back to Waikiki and am going to spend my last two nights in a hotel but I am still going to hang out at the hostels for the great deals. Of course hanging out and meeting the new people coming through will be fun as well.
Arrived back in Waikiki, Homolulu yesterday, I rented a scooter today without a helmet, please don't tell my daughter Tiffany that I road around without a hemet, man, again what a beauitful place, I will be back some day soon to see all the Islands, love this place.
I am going to try and take it easy on the beach for the next couple of days, before I go back home and yes I have to go home this time, hate when work gets in the way.
Loving Life, Cheers All, Pete
Coronavirus count around the world go to World O Meter
Track the number of COVID-19 vaccine recipients in Canada.
Our world Data
Check out your country
If your travel health insurance don't cover COVIT you can get it with Goose Insurance
Where Canadians can travel plus travel health insurance and find great travel deals go to Ydeals